PUBLICATION: Persisting technological boundaries
« Persisting technological boundaries: Social interactions, cognitive correlations and polarization »
by Valentine Roux, Blandine Bril, Jessie Cauliez, Anne-Lise Goujon, Catherine Lara, Claire Manen, Geoffroy de Saulieu and Etienne Zangato.
in Journal of Anthropological Archaeology, Volume 48, December 2017, Pages 320-335.
- • Field studies examine the conditions for persistence of technological boundaries.
- •Transmission explains that technological boundaries conform to social boundaries.
- •Technological standards promote polarization even within same social groups.
- •Polarization increases when technological boundaries conform to social boundaries.
- •Non-diffusion of techniques is expected when close technologically marked groups interact.